Business Administration, A.S.
Who We Are
This program provides a solid foundation in business administration principles and the basic techniques and skills for efficient and effective management of businesses. Specific courses will utilize the latest Microsoft Suite as designated by the course syllabus. Graduates learn marketing, finance, accounting, management, human relations, business law, and entrepreneurial skills.
Embedded A.S. Certificates
- Business Management
- Business Operations - Entrepreneurship
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Generate effective communication of ideas, concepts and terminology.
- Identify ethical concerns through social responsibility.
- Explain how economic theories impact businesses and consumers.
- Apply business related theories to problems, cases, or research papers.
- Create business documentation using appropriate software.
- Prepare financial information for management-related decisions.
- Formulate a company marketing plan using marketing concepts.
- Develop a business plan for a new business venture.
Risk Management & Insurance Specialization
Students who successfully complete the A.S. program with the three (3) insurance course
sequence will qualify for an exam waiver for the 2-15 Health and Life, 4-40 Customer
Representative, and the 20-44 Personal Lines licenses.
- RMI 2001 - Principles of Risk Management & Insurance
- RMI2110 - Personal Insurance Planning
- RMI 2212 - Personal & Business Property Insurance