Accounting, Bachelor of Science Degree
Who We Are
The B.S. in Accounting program prepares graduates for positions in business and accounting in the private and public sectors. A strong foundation is provided in financial accounting, managerial accounting, cost accounting, budget control, tax accounting, legal aspects of accounting, auditing, reporting procedures, statement analysis, business information systems, and applications to specific for-profit, public, and non-profit organizations.
Applications are accepted year-round and students may start the program during any semester of the academic year. Admission to the BS program is open to all applicants who meet the admission requirements.
Requirements for admission to the BS in Accounting program:
- A conferred Associate of Arts or Associate of Science from a regionally accredited institution of higher education; OR
- Sixty (60) credits of transferable college-level coursework from a regionally accredited institution, including at least 15 credits of general education coursework with a grade of “C” or better.
- Completion of ACG2021, ACG2071, ISM2000 or CGS2100, ECO2013, ECO2023, STA2023, and MAC2233 (or equivalent or higher) with a grade of “C” or better.
- A 2.0 or greater cumulative GPA on all college coursework.
- Official transcripts from all postsecondary institutions attended must be received for evaluation by the Records Office at Daytona State.
Launch your path with an Accounting Bachelor's degree
Top Finance and Accounting Jobs:
- Financial Manager
- Management Consultant
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Senior Tax Accountant
- Financial Analyst
- Accounting Manager
- Budget Analyst