Student Residence Hall
Discover a dynamic college experience that’s centered on you
Located on the east coast of Central Florida (about 60 miles east of Orlando), Daytona State is one of Florida’s largest and fastest growing state colleges!
Centered in the heart of the main Daytona Beach Campus, the new 4-story student Residence Hall is filled with state-of-the-art living, study, and recreational space just minutes away from campus amenities. Enjoy the security and convenience of 24-hour staff support and security, fully furnished rooms, all utilities included, and high-speed Wi-Fi. Choose from several room styles including Double Suites, Single Suites, and Private Single Suites.
The Fall 2023/Spring 2024 application is now available. Please follow the steps below to complete the application.
The Residence Hall for the Spring 2023 semester is now full with an extensive waiting list. The application is still available without a fee, in the event an opportunity becomes available, the application fee will be assessed and must be paid in order for the applicant to be considered.
Steps to submit your housing application
- Apply to the College and get accepted
- Once you are accepted and are a DSC student, log in to your student portal
- Select Falcon Self Service
- Click the Housing Application tile and complete the questions
- Pay your non-refundable $25 housing application fee
Take a virtual tour
Residence Hall Amenities
Enjoy the full college experience living in the brand new 4-story residence hall, filled with state-of-the-art living, study, and recreational space. Besides living on a beautiful campus and being within walking distance to all your classes, you’ll be making lifelong friendships while achieving your academic goals.
- Study rooms on each floor
- Laundry facilities on each floor
- Student Lounge
- Conference Room
- Vending area on each floor
- High-speed Wi-Fi and Ethernet access in every room
- Fully Furnished (XL twin bed, dresser, desk, chair, microwave, small refrigerator/3.2 cu. ft)
- Shower and bathroom in each suite; weekly housekeeping/cleaning in bathrooms
- All utilities included
- Campus Fitness Center
- Campus Pool (indoor, heated)
- Campus Gym with Basketball / Volleyball
- Campus Recreational Field
- Campus Recreational Tennis Courts
- Within walking distance to the new Student Center (with Dining Hall, Coffee Shop, Gaming/Recreational Area, Library, Academic Support Center, Writing Center, Career Center)
- Robust Student Life opportunities in the residence hall and throughout the College
4 students with shared bathroom.
$5,995 per Academic Year (Fall & Spring Semesters; may be eligible for financial aid and/or housing payment plan)
2 students with shared bathroom.
$6,780 per Academic Year (Fall & Spring Semesters; may be eligible for financial aid and/or housing payment plan)
Single Private Suite
1 student with private bathroom.
$7,180 per Academic Year (Fall & Spring Semesters; may be eligible for financial aid and/or housing payment plan)
Be the first to live in this new, state-of-the-art facility
Safety & Security
Residence hall staff offer additional opportunities for growth and development as students pursue their educational goals. All suites will be single gender, and single gender wings will be established to the extent possible (may vary based on number of actual residents).
- Secured access to each floor and unit; electronic key card to get into the building, into the elevator and onto the floor
- A separate key for each room within the suite
- 24/7 support staff and campus security
- A Resident Assistant (RA) living on each floor
- A Professional Resident Coordinator also living on-site
- Plentiful parking with no additional parking fees
- Close to public transportation, shopping, the beach, and more
- Campus “blue light” safety phones, with one-button connection to DSC Campus Safety
- Campus Safety officers conduct rounds regularly on campus day and night
- Security cameras covering public spaces are monitored by Campus Safety
Meal Plans designed with you in mind
Dining on campus is convenient and flexible with a range of healthy menus and offerings. Enjoy fresh meals created from locally sourced ingredients including ethnic foods as well as gluten-free, vegetarian and vegan options.
On-campus residents are required to have a meal plan (minimum Bronze). Choose from these plans that also include extra Dining Dollars (DD) to maximize your options (Bronze, Silver and Gold rates are based on Fall and Spring semesters, approximately 15 weeks each):
- Minimum meal plan for residents
- 14 meal swipes per week + $200 DD per year ($100 DD per semester)
- $3,880 per year or $1,940 per semester
- 17 meal swipes per week + $150 DD per year ($75 DD per semester)
- $4,540 per year or $2,270 per semester
- 19 meal swipes per week + $100 DD per year ($50 DD per semester)
- $4,625 per year or $2,312 per semester
- 13 meal swipes per week + $50 DD
- $675 per 6-week summer term
- 13 meal swipes per week + $100 DD
- $1,350 per full summer term (approximately 12 weeks)
Meal Plans options and rates for the 2023-2024 academic term will be published on
or before June 1, 2023.
Dining Dollars (DD) are usable in the dining hall; balances expire at the end of each semester.
Falcon Cash can be used in the dining hall, campus vending machines, bookstore, laundry, etc.; balances roll from semester to semester but expire at the end of the Spring semester.