Welcome to Academic Advising at DSC - We're excited to help you plan and navigate your academic pathway!
Advisors are available to provide support on topics like career and academic planning, transitioning to a university, campus resources, and how to enhance college success skills.
Connect with an Academic Advisor:
New Students Schedule your Virtual, Group New Student Advising session here!
Email -Advising@daytonastate.edu *Please use your FalconMail account, and include your name and student ID number.
Phone - 386-506-3661
Face-to-Face, Virtual or phone appointments - Call 386-506-3602 to schedule
*Appointment required for face-to-face advising
Visit our Dual Enrollment page for details and deadlines or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What is Academic Advising?
The mission of the Academic Advising Department at Daytona State College is part of a collaborative process designed to help students succeed academically by encouraging them to be proactive in planning their own education. Academic Advisors will assist students with developing an appropriate educational plan that will lead to graduation by providing them with timely and accurate information, making referrals to campus resources, and encouraging students to utilize these resources.
When should I speak with an Advisor?
Once you have been admitted to DSC and have taken a placement test you're ready to speak with advising
- Some students with qualifying SAT/ACT test scores or transfer credits will not need to be tested.
- Any student who started the 9th grade in a Florida public high school in the 2003/2004
school year (or later) AND graduates from a Florida public high school and students
who are currently active duty in the U.S. Armed Forces are exempt from taking any
college placement test or developmental education course. Students can opt to take
the placement test and subsequent developmental courses if they feel they need to
or if it is recommended by an Academic Advisor.
How can I prepare for an advising session?
- Review the college catalog to detemine which program you are interested in, and prepare questions to ask.
- Submit final, official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have attended. An official transcript is one that arrives in a sealed envelope. Have all official transcripts sent directly to: Daytona State College Admissions Office, 1200 W International Speedway Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114.
- Bring any SAT/ACT test scores or verification of AP credits.
- Arrive on time, at your scheduled time.