Massage Therapy, Certificate (Limited Access Program)
Who We Are
Massage therapists treat clients by using touch to manipulate the muscles and other soft tissues of the body. With their touch, therapists relieve pain, help heal injuries, improve circulation, relieve stress, increase relaxation, and aid in the general wellness of clients.
As a licensed massage therapist, you will:
- Talk with clients about symptoms, medical history, and desired results
- Evaluate clients to locate painful or tense areas of the body
- Manipulate muscles or other soft tissues of the body
- Provide clients with guidance on how to improve posture, stretching, strengthening, and overall relaxation.
The Massage Therapy Certificate Program is a two semester, vocational certificate program totaling 750 hours. The Massage Therapy program provides students with the knowledge and skills required to pass licensure and certification exams. Graduates are prepared as entry-level practitioners in the massage therapy profession with an expected starting hourly wage of $20.80 per hour. We expect a 31% growth in positions available in the Volusia and Flagler counties over the next 5 years.
Launch your path with a Massage Therapy certificate
- Private offices
- Health and wellness centers
- Nursing homes
- Sport and fitness facilities
- Adjuncts in alternative health