Education - Secondary Physics Education, Bachelor of Science Degree
Your Path to Success
Physics is among the pillars of the STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) disciplines; however, there is a shortage of highly qualified physics teachers in every state. The B.S. in Secondary Physics Education provides you rigorous training in the discipline along with the necessary skill sets to effectively teach at the middle and high school levels as a highly qualified and certified teacher in the state of Florida.
You will learn educational theories and effective teaching practices, and participate in field experiences at area schools, which will require observation and participation.
- Demonstrate proficiency of the College-Level Academic Skills
- Conferred Associate of Arts degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all higher education classes
- Completion of the Volunteer Clearance application
- Grade of "C" or better in the following prerequisite classes: EDF1005, EEX2010, MAC2311C, PHY2048C, PHY2049C, and BSC1010C, or CHM1045C
- Proof of passing scores for at least two of four subtests of the General Knowledge Test (GKT)