Education - Elementary Education, Bachelor of Science Degree
Your Path to Success
Elementary teachers help mold young minds! They are responsible for developing lessons that provide instruction in all subject areas, including reading, writing, math, science and social studies. Every day these teachers experience the excitement of watching children learn.
As a B.S. in Elementary Education student, you will learn to design, develop and implement effective classroom management techniques and instructional strategies. While enrolled, you will spend many hours in area schools working with children in kindergarten through sixth grade and practicing the instructional strategies learned in class.
- Demonstrate proficiency of the College-Level Academic Skills
- Conferred Associate of Arts degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all higher education classes
- Completion of the Volunteer Clearance application
- Grade of "C" or better in the following prerequisite classes: EDF1005, EEX2010, and MAE2801
- Proof of passing scores for at least two of four subtests of the General Knowledge Test (GKT)