TRiO Talent Search: Grades 6-12
Who We Are
TRiO Talent Search (TS) is a Department of Education grant-funded program committed to assisting low-income, first-generation middle and high school students in Flagler County students from underrepresented backgrounds who have the potential to succeed in college. We provide academic, career, and financial counseling to 500 students each year, and facilitate a successful transition into a post-secondary institution.
Who is Eligible?
- Attend a designated Flagler County school (see below)
- Between 6th – 12th grade
- Demonstrate financial need according to federal income guidelines
- Be a first-generation college-bound student (neither parent/legal guardian has obtained a four-year degree)
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA
- Re-entry students (a student that has dropped out of grades 6-12 and can complete post-secondary education)
- U.S. citizens or permanent residents
- Flagler Palm Coast High School
- Buddy Taylor Middle School
Community Service Opportunities
Starting Friday, June 17
Each Monday, beginning June 13, TRiO will connect with Parks & Rec for a list of available oppotunities.
Florida Theatre “Fairy Tales of Grimm” & Sweet Pete’s Field Trip
Wednesday, July 27
Virtual Office Hours for Students
Make a virtual appointment with a TRiO Educational Services Coordinator to discuss questions, concerns, tutoring services, or review topics discussed in the TRiO class. Virtual sessions can also be used to fulfill the monthly meeting requirement with a coordinator when you cannot make an in-person meeting.