TRiO Student Support Services
TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) is a Department of Education grant-funded program committed to increasing the retention, graduation, and transfer rates of its participants. Student scholars in our program are provided with comprehensive support services designed to help them succeed – free of charge! From one-on-one tutoring to exceptional advising support to grant aid, we offer a variety of opportunities to help our student scholars achieve their academic, career, and personal goals.
Are you a current active TRiO student?
Get the support you need with TRiO.
- Tutoring on a one-on-one basis
- Academic coaching and mentoring
- Course selection advice and assistance
- Financial literacy
- Transfer advising and 4-year college campus tours
- Cultural enrichment trips
Who is eligible?
You must be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident, have a 2.5 GPA or higher, plan to earn a bachelor's degree, and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Demonstrate financial need. If you are a Pell Grant recipient, then you are probably eligible
- Be a first-generation college student. Neither one of your parents/guardians has a 4-year degree
- Have a documented physical or learning disability.
by the numbers
Students served with TRiO each year.
Money awarded each year in grant aid to eligible TRiO scholars.
TRiO scholars who continue at DSC after their first year, compared to 53% of non-TRiO students.