If you are receiving veterans benefits, the Veterans Certifying officer is located in the Veterans Center (Daytona Beach Campus, Building 130, Room 124). The Veterans Coordinator and Certifying Official can be reached at (386) 506-3065.
"Yesterday’s Warriors, Today’s Scholars, and Tomorrow’s Leaders"
Welcome Student VeteranWe are proud to have you as a student at Daytona State College, and greatly appreciate your service to our nation. We are pleased you have decided to make Daytona State a part of your life. We know leaving the military and starting a new life as a student can be extremely challenging. We would like to assist you in achieving your educational goals and to get the most out of your college education.
In order to facilitate your success we want to be sure you know what resources and
information are available that meet your unique needs as a veteran and a student.
Below is a list of services that you will need during your time at Daytona State.
Feel free to contact anyone in the departments; however many of the areas below have
identified a contact that can specifically assist veterans with questions.
Click here for New Veteran Student Checklist and Continuing Veteran Student Checklist
Did You Know?
- Daytona State designated a Military Friendly School Veteran-owned company, Victory Media lists honors colleges, universities and trade schools that are doing the most to embrace America's service members and veterans as students.
- Daytona State has become an official Yellow Ribbon school offering the Yellow Ribbon books scholarship for qualifying Veterans.
- Celebrating our veterans’ education benefit – 70 Years of the GI Bill
This year marks the 70th Anniversary of the passage of the Service members Readjustment Act, signed on June 22, 1944, and popularly known as the GI Bill.
- We are now offering Tutoring in the Veterans Center.
Please click here to see the flyer for days and times.
The college has implemented a process to insure that all veterans receive registration priority each semester regardless of the number of credits attempted.
- Do you have a Purple Heart or Other Superior Combat Decoration?
Click here for important information.
- House Bill 7015 created the Congressman C.W. Bill Young Veteran Tuition Waiver Program, authorizing an out-of-state fee waiver for honorably discharged veterans of the United States (U.S.) Armed Forces, U.S. Reserve Forces or the National Guard who physically reside in Florida. Click here for further information.
Falcon Veteran Society
All Veterans will strive for academic excellence and succeed to graduation. No matter the service we welcome you to the Daytona State College Falcon Veterans Society Club. We are a chapter of the Student Veterans of America (SVA). A college degree seems to be an elusive goal for men and women returning from military service. SVA makes that goal a reality. Daytona State’s Falcon Veterans Society has a mission to provide veterans with resources, support, and advocacy needed to succeed in higher education. We are like any other club at the college, but our ranks have much more than citizens. They include heroes. Come join the Falcon Veterans so you can take part in activities and have the chance to help other veterans in need.
For more information contact:
School Certifying Official