Who can I go to with concerns, suggestions or compliments?
The Advocate can:
- Listen to your concerns or suggestions;
- Help Identify and evaluate options;
- Connect you to the appropriate person/campus resource;
- Clarify Daytona State policies and procedures;
- Provide feedback to administration and recommend changes when appropriate.
The advocate can be your first step, last resort or any point in between to ensure your success at Daytona State College.
I am Marcellas Preston, Daytona State's retention services coordinator
Daytona State fosters a culture of diversity and inclusion dedicated to ensuring the
success and well-being of all our students. I invite you to become aware of the many
academic resources, support services and student activities available to you.
My goal is to help you get the most out of your Daytona State experience. Here, you belong.
Additionally, I collaborate to support the academic and personal development of our students of color. It is our goal to cultivate a welcoming and diverse college community and to promote their persistence and success throughout their time at the college.