Who can I go to with concerns, suggestions, or compliments?
The Student Advocate is the central point of contact who can offer informal and neutral assistance to resolve student concerns, suggestions, or complaints. For the first step, last resort, or any point in between, the Student Advocate can help ensure your success at Daytona State College.
The Student Advocate can:
- Listen to your concerns and serve as a student resource;
- Assist you with the informal and formal complaint processes;
- Help examine your situation to identify and evaluate options, including appeal processes;
- Connect you to the appropriate person/campus resource;
- Clarify Daytona State policies and procedures;
- Provide feedback to administration and recommend changes when appropriate.
"My job is to not only help you understand what you need to do, but also calm your nerves throughout the process to ultimately help you succeed. Regardless of how big or small your concern, I am a safe and impartial resource for students."
Distance Education students, who have completed the internal institutional grievance process and the applicable state grievance process, may appeal complaints to the FL-SARA PRDEC Council. For additional information on the complaint process, please visit the FL-SARA Complaint Process page.