Men of Character Initiative
What is MOCI?
The Men of Character Initiative (MOCI) provides underrepresented male students at Daytona State (DSC) assistance with their matriculation, graduation, and career transition by providing supportive enrichment and mentoring services.
Excellence-Achieved through words and deed
Self-Awareness-Developed through reflection
Self-Respect-Earned through words and actions
Integrity -Shown through behavior
The goal of MOCI is to increase the retention and graduation of first-time enrolled African American and Hispanic males. To meet this expectation, the Daytona State College staff has committed to a strategic plan that:
- Collects environmental data using Civitas and student feedback
- Enhances student campus life experiences
- Enhances equity and inclusion of first-time enrolled African American and Hispanic male students
- Increases community outreach activities and strengthens relationships with community partners
- Encourages mentorship and academic excellence
Academic Support Services through academic advising & academic monitoring
Personal & Professional Development