Falcon First-Generation Success Program
We know that being a first-generation college student can be challenging.
Here at Daytona State, we want to assure you that you are not alone and that you belong here! There are many people who are rooting for you, and there are resources, such as the Falcon First-Generation Success Program, available to help you succeed.
What does it mean to be a first-generation college student?
Students who are the first in their family to attend college and whose parents or guardians did not complete a four-year degree.
The Falcon First-Generation Success Program seeks to:
- Provide comprehensive support to first-generation college students in A.A. or A.S. degree programs
- Assist first-generation college students with getting acclimated to college life at Daytona State College and achieving their academic goals
- Connect students to college resources and programs that will enhance student success, support retention, and create continuous learning opportunities
- Promote and provide opportunities for student engagement, community involvement and personal and professional development
Your success is our priority!
- Provide students with continuous support through A.A. or A.S. degree program completion
- Encourage academic excellence and provide dedicated guidance to assist with retention
- Enhance campus collaborations and the student campus life experiences
- Encourage and support mentorship through campus and peer relationships
- New Student Advising Sessions
- Academic support services through academic advising and academic monitoring
- Regular communication with students regarding campus activities, critical deadlines, scholarship opportunities
- Events, activities, and workshops that supports student engagement and student success
- Referrals to college and community resources
- Personal and Professional development opportunities