The registered nurse to bachelor of science in nursing (RN-BSN) program was developed for the new or working nurse interested in career advancement. The program offers a flexible schedule for the working adult. It is designed for nurses whose highest academic credential is an associate degree in nursing or diploma in nursing, and who possess a registered nursing license in their state of residence. It provides a seamless transition from the associate degree to the baccalaureate degree and prepares graduates for a broader scope of nursing practice.
For Admissions information, call (386) 506-3642 or email Admissions@DaytonaState.edu
EFFECTIVE JANUARY 2018, ALL RN TO BSN COURSES WILL BE FULLY ONLINE!
How To Apply To The RN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program
2. If you are a new student, please create an Online Application account or login and complete your Online Application using your Daytona State College existing account.
3. After the college Application has been submitted, provide the following documents to Admissions Department or email to: Admissions@daytonastate.edu
- Unencumbered Registered Nursing License in state of residence
- Two professional letters of recommendation or reference forms (one from a current or prior employer)
4. Submit official copies of all high school, GED, and higher education transcripts to:
Daytona State College
1200 W. International Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
5. Apply for financial aid if desired
6. Requirements for admission to this program include:
- If MAT1033 or ENC1101 are not complete, consult with an admissions advisor.
- Students must complete the Humanities (6 credit) requirement as established by Daytona State College for its Associate of Arts degree program.
- Associate of Science (AS) Degree in Nursing or Diploma in Nursing from Regionally Accredited Institution (Diploma must equate to the AS Degree in Nursing).
- A minimum 2.5 cumulative grade point average.
- Unencumbered Registered Nursing License in state of residence.
- Two professional letters of recommendation (one from a current or prior employer).
7. Upon receipt of the baccalaureate application and prior to completion of the application packet an acknowledgement letter will be sent.
8. Once the application packet is complete students will receive an acceptance letter.
9. Upon acceptance to the BSN program, students will contact Academic Advising for New Student Orientation.
School of Nursing
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program is nationally accredited through the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN), 3343 Peachtree Road, NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326. Phone: (404) 975-5000, Fax: (404) 975-5020, www.acenursing.org