In order to receive the diploma and have the degree posted on the transcript, students who are in their last term to complete a degree or certificate must submit a Graduation Application and gain approval. View Important Dates/Deadlines to view the earliest (and latest) date you can apply for graduation for a specific term.
First, go to the my.daytonastate.edu portal and login.
1) Click on "Falcon Self-Service."
2) Click "Graduation" tile.
3) Select the blue “Apply for Graduation” hyperlink for the degree type you are completing. If you completing multiple academic programs (or if your degree contains embedded Certificates), you will need to apply for each one, individually.
If you are a Dual Enrollment student, please submit the application that contains the college degree program name (example: Associate of Arts).
4) Select the term you will complete your final class(es). Then “Continue.”
Please note: Only the semester term(s) in which you are able to apply for graduation will be displayed, therefore if you do not see a specific term you’re needing to apply for, please exit and view Important Dates/Deadlines for Graduation to view the earliest (and latest) date that you can apply for graduation for that specific term.
5) Review disclaimer. You must make your payment online (or, you must have already prepaid at the Student Account Office) in order to move forward with this application.
6) If you secured a job position related to your field, enter your employment position information. If not applicable, click “Continue.”
7) Review your personal information, make edits to your middle name/middle initial, your personal email, phone, and/or address if necessary. Then click “Save and Continue.”
Note, the Home address that displays on your screen is where a diploma would be mailed to if you complete the academic program you selected in this application.
8) Click “Please Click Here to Pay Above Fee.”
9) Enter the credit card billing information. Then, click “Pay.”
- If you pre-paid the Grad Fee with the Student Accounts Office, for the academic program you selected, the application will bypass this screen. If you have any questions regarding a pre-payment, contact Student Accounts.
10) Verify the graduation information. Then, click “Submit Application.”
11) Review confirmation message.
Please note: If you did not receive a confirmation message like the one below, please select a different form of payment (or pay the fee directly with the Office of Students Accounts) and then resubmit this graduation application for it to successfully process.
12) Once you have received the confirmation message above, your graduation application will later be sent electronically to the Department Chair for approval. Please check your Graduation Status and also view email notifications regarding the status of your application via your FalconMail.