Respondus LockDown BrowserTM is a secure browser for taking online exams. It prevents participants from printing, copying, going to another URL, or accessing other applications during an assessment. View the Respondus Lock Down Browser Demonstration.
Respondus LockDown Browser should only be used for taking examinations and should NOT be used in other areas of Florida Online System.
- Watch the Lock Down Browser Installation Video
- Close all other windows
- Login to your Online course
- Go to and select your quiz or test
- If your quiz or test requires the Respondus LockDown Browser, you will see this note: “Note: To take this quiz you must use the Respondus LockDown Browser, [Download Respondus LockDown Browser]“
- Select the blue link [Download Respondus LockDown Browser]
- Select the icon that matches your computer operating system
- Please read the instructions before you download the LockDown Browser installation file
- Save or Run the Installer file
- Follow the on screen prompts
To begin your quiz or test you must use the LockDown Browser by selecting the LockDown Browser icon on your Desktop. You will be prompted to close all other active programs or windows, before it will allow you to open the browser and navigate to your Online course. View the screencast.
Information for Faculty
- Respondus Lock Down Browser Faculty Guide (PDF).
- Reasons to Use: locks down the testing environment, blocks other applications, protects exam questions, prevents early exiting from exams and much more.