Equity & Inclusion
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and provides equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or veteran status. Our pledge covers recruitment, admission, registration, financial help, counseling, advising, course offerings, extracurricular programs, facilities, health services, athletics, employment and its privileges and benefits.
To obtain more information about the College’s equal access and equal opportunity policies, procedures and practices, please contact the Director of Equity & Inclusion.
Message from the President
At Daytona State College, we endeavor to be an equitable and inclusive institution. We embrace diversity, protect the rights of our constituents, and extend a mutual respect for the dignity and worth of all people. We seek to ensure that all students and employees enjoy the opportunity to participate as they see fit in the full range of activities offered by the College. It is our goal that all of our students and employees achieve their full potential as local, state, and national citizens.
Daytona State continues to make a firm institutional commitment to developing a working, teaching, and learning environment that is free of discrimination and harassment. We will also work to eliminate any barriers to equitable employment and student participation. By embracing our differences, fostering collaboration, and empowering people, we can provide our community with the educational services and resources needed to become leaders in a competitive global environment.
Tom LoBasso, President
Wetherell Center Annex (Building 100), Room 108H
Robin Barr - Employment
Wetherell Center (Building 100), Room 303L
Alison Mohr - Athletics
Lemerand Center (Building 310), Room 242
- Americans with Disabilities Act
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act
- The Civil Rights Act of 1964
- Employee Retirement and Income Security (ERISA)
- Family and Medical Leave Act
- The Fair Labor Standards Act
- Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act of 2008 (GINA)
- The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act
- The Immigration and Nationality Act
- The Occupational Health and Safety Act of 1970
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act (amends Title VII)
- Daytona State: Policy on Sexual Harassment