The mission of the program is to equip students with skills that prepares them for entry-level positions in interactive media including broadcast, print, web design, and related professions; embracing excellence and diversity. More Info..
In the discipline, students blend narrative writing, photography, video, audio, social media, web creation, media design, and analytics to develop multimedia marketing plans that promote businesses and organizations. Throughout the program, students will build a portfolio highlighting skills in each area. The program culminates in a final, team multimedia project, showcased on the department website.
Designed to nurture creativity and equip students with practical and critical skills to adapt to constantly evolving technology, the Digital and Interactive Media Production Program prepares students for the following professions:
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Explain the functions of hardware and software as relate to multi-media production and delivery
- Demonstrate professional interpersonal and business communications skills in a diverse environment.
- Employ team skills in the production of multi-media projects.
- During the planning process for multi-media projects, critically evaluate relevant information and assets for targeted audiences.
- Design a multi-media project that incorporate writing and reportage, still photography, video, audio and web creation, design and analytics.
- Evaluate audience feedback and analytics of the multi-media projects.
- Well-equipped and advanced studios and lecture rooms.
- Classroom with multimedia presentation equipment, sound system and 75’ 4K TV, with the ability to stream to/from Apple computers and devices.
- 20 Apple 27inch iMac, fully equipped with the latest design, multimedia and video software such as Adobe CC and DaVinci Resolve.
- State-of-the-art multipurpose editing suites, equipped with the latest top of the range Apple Mac Pro Computers, Apple Pro Display XDR 32-inch Retina 6K displays, Pro Audio, Video and Interactive software and hardware.
- Stock Room, stocked with the latest 6K digital cinema cameras, sound, lighting and
live video streaming equipment.
Blackmagic Design Certified Training Partner
The training partner program is designed to attract the most skilled training organizations and educational institutions. Blackmagic Design collaborates with strategically chosen onsite training companies, online partners, and academic institutions.
- Film and Video Editors and Camera Operators 18% (Much faster than average)
- Producers and Directors 10% (Much faster than average)
- Broadcast and Sound Engineering Technicians 9% (Much faster than average)
- Multimedia Artists and Animators 4% (As fast as average)
- Advertising, Promotions, and Marketing Managers 6% (Faster than average)
- Public Relations Specialists 7% (As fast as average)
- Web Developers 8% (Much faster than average)