Steps to take for EPI Admission:
Apply to Daytona State College (EPI Program Major Code 8008)
- If you are a current student, then you must contact the Admissions Office to have your program code changed.
- If you are a former student, you must complete a new application.
Step 3 Volunteer Clearance
The following links will take you directly to the Online Volunteer Application site:
School volunteers/college students must complete the volunteer application by visiting the district website (access it through any computer or other electronic device) or to complete an application at the Raptor Kiosk (if available at the school site). Just click on the URL of your choice and complete the application. Once submitted, the online application will be re-directed to the VIPS Department for approval.
The application will stay on a "hold" queue until the volunteer applicant has visited the school of choice (or see Ashorda Foley at Atlantic High School in portable 2) and has scan an ID into the visitor module. Provided that the applicant clears the sexual predator/offender database performed by the Raptor System, then, the application will be approved and an email will be generated by the system that will inform the applicant of their volunteer status.
Submit the following paperwork to EPI:
- EPI Application
- All Official College Baccalaureate Transcripts (in a sealed envelope from the issuing institution)
- “Eligible” Statement of Status of Eligibility and/or Temporary Educator’s Certificate
- Current Resume
- Florida Teacher Certification Exam (FTCE) score reports, if applicable
All documents must be turned in at the same time for evaluation and admission purposes to:
Educator Preparation Institute
Daytona State College
1200 W. Int’l Speedway Blvd.
Daytona Beach, FL 32114
Phone: (386) 506-4374
Fax: (386) 506-3966
For questions regarding certification please contact Dr. Ana Blaine in the School of Education at 386-506-4374.