Part of the Associate of Science degree in Business Administration, the Risk Management & Insurance specialization courses prepare students for entry-level jobs in the insurance industry. Students who have successfully completed the A.S. program with the three insurance course sequence will qualify for an exam waiver for the 2-15 Health and Life, 4-40 Customer Representative and the 20-44 Personal Lines licenses. Additional info
Note: Please review the State of Florida statutes on insurance licensing prior to enrollment.Students seeking the Risk Management & Insurance specialization must take the three (3) RMI courses in lieu of the Accounting/Finance Elective courses and the Business Elective courses.
Principles of Risk Management & Insurance (RMI2001)
• This course covers basic principles and concepts of risk management as it relates to personal and business environments and includes insurance contracts and policy analysis.
Personal Insurance Planning (RMI2110)
• This course introduces students to methods of analysis and handling of personal risk exposures, including insurance coverage alternatives. (Prerequisite: RMI2001)
Personal and Business Property Insurance (RMI2212)
• This course provides an overview of personal and business property risks and coverages, which may be used in dealing with these risks, including the underwriting, marketing and social problems associated with these coverages. (Prerequisite: RMI2001)
Take the next step by earning your Bachelor’s Degree
• Upon earning your AS degree in Business Administration, you can earn your Bachelor
of Applied Science (BAS) in Supervision and Management in two years or less.
• Daytona State students pursuing a BAS degree save thousands in tuition costs compared to students at other four-year universities.
• According to the U.S. Department of Labor, people with bachelor’s degrees earn as much as $1 million more over the course of their lives than those with only a high school diploma
For additional questions about the program please contact:
School of Business Administration - (386) 506-3086
Admissions - (386) 506-3000