Tutoring is FREE! All Daytona State College students are welcome.
Tutoring is available on a walk-in basis at all campus ASCs. In addition, virtual tutoring is available via our chat.
The ASC has tutors for a wide variety of subjects. Click here to access our searchable database to find a tutor for your course.
Academic Support Center Guidelines
Please refer to the Daytona State College Student Handbook for additional information related to Daytona State College students' rights and responsibilities.
- Behave in a responsible and considerate manner when interacting with staff and other students in the ASC.
- Refrain from disruptive behavior such as the use of profanity, and loud conversations, music, and/or phone calls.
- Bring a current Student ID card to check out resources such as text books, calculators, and headphones.
- Sign in and out at the proper kiosk to use ASC resources.
- Assist you in finding resources to complete your assignments. behavior
- Answer questions about course concepts.
- Aid with basic computer functions and software.
- Review and explain assignments. (Certain limitations on assistance may apply on assignments depending on instructor or department policy).
- Offer suggestions on how to study course content to reach your academic goals.
- Provide patient and helpful assistance in a positive environment.
- Provide course materials like syllabi, homework assignments, textbooks, etc., so please have those on hand.
- Do homework assignments for you.
- Assist with "In Class" math assignments.
- Assist on tests or quizzes.
- Provide personal opinions on instructor, grade, or subject matter.
- Assist more than the resources of the ASC will allow.
Professional Staff and Tutoring
Professional staff and student tutors can assist you on campus or virtually. To connect, click on the "ASC Live Chat" or by clicking here and filling in the requested information. If you are contacting us after hours, please send an email to ASC@DaytonaState.edu, and someone will get back to you the next business day.