Students attending a public school or eligible private school in Volusia & Flagler county are eligible to participate in Daytona State's Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians and Dual Enrollment school representative to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
Deadline for Fall 2020 Enrollment: August 14th - registration is now closed for Fall.
Deadline for Spring 2021 - November 25th
*Students must complete their DSC admissions application and submit a signed dual enrollment form with courses selected by this date to be enrolled*
Eligibility Requirements for Fall 2020:
In May 2020, the Florida Department of Education issued an Emergency Order, DOE Order No. 2020 EO-02, in response to COVID-19, which suspends the statewide common placement testing requirements as set forth in s. 1007.271(3), F.S. through December 31, 2020.
- Under the suspension, institutions are permitted to place students in dual enrollment college credit coursework with a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA.
- Pursuant to s. 1007.271(3), F.S., FCS institutions’ district boards of trustees may establish additional initial student eligibility requirements to ensure student readiness for postsecondary instruction, which are included in the 2020-2021 dual enrollment articulation agreement.
Eligibility Requirements for Spring 2021:
- Be enrolled in 6th - 12th grade
- Have a GPA in a high school level course.
- College Credit programs require a minimum of a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA and qualifying test scores.
- Vocational programs require a minimum 2.0 cumulative, unweighted high school GPA, and qualifying test scores.
- Email your school counselor to verify gpa, eligibility, high school graduation requirements, and college readiness.
- Follow these steps to apply online, selecting Dual Enroll as your Academic Plan.
- Email your school counselor for confirmation of eligibility and a signed Dual Enrollment Form.
- Once the form is complete - signed by student, parent, and school counselor - it can be emailed to email@example.com to begin the advising and registration process. *All emails must be sent from the student's DSC FalconMail account.
- Email your school counselor for verification of eligibility and a Dual Enrollment Form.
- Once the form is signed by student, parent, and school counselor, it can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the advising and registration process. *All emails must be sent from the student's DSC FalconMail account.
- Returning students are eligible for an exception to enroll in up to 4 online courses during the Fall 2020 semester.
Public school students - All book needs are handled by your school.
- Volusia County Students - Contact your school fr details on book pick up for the Fall semester.
- VOL students will need to contact their zoned school.
- Flagler County Students - Contact your school counselor for details on book pickup for the Fall semester.
Private School Students - Students are responsible for purchasing their own instructional materials.
Test Score Requirements:
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Daytona State College for reading, writing and math to eligible to enroll. Any combination of eligible scores (see below) will be accepted.
- P.E.R.T. Study Information
- Department of Education - Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Comparison of Florida's Articulated Acceleration Programs (compares dual enrollment, AP, IB, and AICE)
- Dual Enrollment State of Florida Equivalency Guide
- Dual Enrollment Statement of Transfer Guarantees
- 2019-20 Volusia County Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement
- 2019-20 Flagler County Dual Enrollment Articulation Agreement
- Daytona State College Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Program Guides
- Course Information/Descriptions
- Course Search/Availability
- Bright Futures - For information on qualifying for Bright Futures Scholarship
- FloridaShines.org - On Florida Shines you will find information on requirements to earn a standard high school diploma, information about courses that are valid to count towards high school requirements and college credits, and information on requirements for getting into college.
For Home School Parents: Please see our Home School website.
Email the advising staff at dualenrollment@DaytonaState.edu with any Dual Enrollment questions you may have. Please include your name, student ID number and any information associated with your question.