Home Education and Florida Virtual School (FLVS) students registered with Volusia or Flagler County Home Education programs are eligible to participate in the Daytona State College Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
Deadline for Fall 2020 Enrollment: August 14th - registration is now closed for Fall.
Deadline for Spring 2021 - November 25th
*Students must complete their DSC admissions application and submit a signed dual enrollment form with courses selected by this date to be enrolled*
Eligibility Requirements for Fall 2020:
In May 2020, the Florida Department of Education issued an Emergency Order, DOE Order No. 2020 EO-02, in response to COVID-19, which suspends the statewide common placement testing requirements as set forth in s. 1007.271(3), F.S. through December 31, 2020.
- Under the suspension, institutions are permitted to place students in dual enrollment college credit coursework with a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA.
- Pursuant to s. 1007.271(3), F.S., Florida College System institutions’ district boards of trustees may establish additional initial student eligibility requirements to ensure student readiness for postsecondary instruction, which are included in the 2020-2021 dual enrollment articulation agreement.
Eligibility Requirements for Spring 2021:
- Be enrolled in 6th - 12th grade
- Have taken at least one high school level course.
- Qualifying test scores.
New Home Education students:
Step 1:Follow these steps to apply online, selecting Dual Enroll as your Academic Plan
Step 2: Complete and submit a Home School Articulation Agreement, Home Education Verification, and Documentation from the school district verifying that the student is a registered home education student to the Admissions Office.
Step 3: Students will submit a completed, signed dual enrollment form to email@example.com to begin the advising and enrollment process. *All emails must be submitted from the student's DSC FalconMail account.
- Submit a new, signed dual enrollment form each semester.
- Submit a new articulation agreement each academic year after July 1.
- Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org *All emails must be sent from the student's DSC FalconMail account.
- Returning students are eligible for an exception to enroll in up to 4 online courses during the Fall 2020 semester.
Registered home education dual enrolled students will receive an email to their Falconmail account to obtain their books from the Daytona campus bookstore during the posted book voucher period for each semester.
*Fall book vouchers will be emailed to all currently enrolled students on August 14, 2020 and will valid for use August 17 - September 4, 2020.
Books must be returned to the bookstore by the end of each semester in order to continue enrollment.
Students who fail to return books will be dropped from future course enrollments.
Test Score Requirements:
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Daytona State College for reading, writing and math to eligible to enroll. Any combination of eligible scores will be accepted Ex: PERT Math score with SAT Reading/Writing.
- PERT Study Information
- Dual Enrollment State of Florida Equivalency Guide
- Dual Enrollment - Course Drop/Withdrawal Form
- Comparison of Florida's Articulated Acceleration Programs (compares dual enrollment, AP, IB, and AICE)
- Dual Enrollment Statement of Transfer Guarantee
- Department of Education - Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Bright Futures - For information on qualifying for Bright Futures Scholarship for home school students
- FloridaShines.org - On Florida Shines you will find information on requirements to earn a standard high school diploma, information about courses that are valid to count towards high school requirements and college credits, and information on requirements for getting into college.
- Daytona State College Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Program Guides
- Course Information/Descriptions
- Course Search/Availability
Email email@example.com with any Dual Enrollment questions you may have. Please include your name, student ID number and any information associated with your question.