Home Education and Florida Virtual School (FLVS) students registered with Volusia or Flagler County Home Education programs are eligible to participate in the Daytona State College Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
OPEN ENROLLMENT BEGINS
DUAL ENROLLMENT DEADLINE
*Students must complete their DSC admissions application, complete placement testing, and submit a signed dual enrollment form with courses selected for all Full/A/B term courses by this date to be enrolled*
Eligibility Requirements for Summer & Fall 2021:
- Be enrolled in 6th - 12th grade
- Have taken at least one high school level course.
- Qualifying test scores.
New Home Education students:
*New students are eligible to begin during the Fall & Spring semesters only.
Step 1: APPLY TO DSC - Follow these steps to apply online, selecting Dual Enroll as your Academic Plan
Step 2: REQUIRED DOCUMENTS - Complete and submit a Home School Articulation Agreement, Home Education Verification, and Documentation from the school district verifying that the student is a registered home education student to the Admissions Office.
Step 3: PLACEMENT TESTING - Visit any Assessment office on a walk-in basis. You will need to have completed your DSC application and have your DSC ID# to schedule.
- If you already have SAT/ACT scores you will need to submit them at the time of registration. Existing PERT scores will be on file.
Step 4: NEW STUDENT ADVISING - Click here to schedule your virtual, group new student advising session. You will be provided with an overview of the programs offered, how to select courses, important dates, dual enrollment guidelines and your Dual Enrollment Form.
STEP 5: COMPLETE YOUR DUAL ENROLLMENT FORM - Use this helpful guide when selecting courses. Once the form is complete - signed by student & parent - it can be emailed to email@example.com to begin the registration process. Registration subject to course availability at time of registration *All email responses will be sent to the student's DSC FalconMail account.
STEP 6: CHECK YOUR FALCONMAIL - All registration questions/confirmations will be sent to your DSC FalconMail account.
- COMPLETE YOUR DUAL ENROLLMENT FORM - Use this helpful guide when selecting courses. Once the form is complete - signed by student & parent - it can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to begin the registration process. Registration subject to course availability at time of registration *All email responses will be sent to the student's DSC FalconMail account.
- Completed forms can be emailed to email@example.com *All emails must be sent from the student's DSC FalconMail account.
*Home Education students are required to sign a new articulation agreement each year after July 1.
ITEMS TO NOTE:
*Dual enrolled students are limited to 2 fully online courses per 15-week semester, with the exception of students who have earned at least 30 credits and have a minimum 3.5 DSC GPA.
*All courses taken at DSC will become a part of the student's permanent college transcript.
*Course materials and class discussions may involve mature topics not typically included in secondary courses. Courses are not modified to accommodate variations in student age and maturity.
Questions? Email DualEnrollment@daytonastate.edu
- Fall book vouchers will be emailed via FalconMail to registered home education dual enrolled students on August 10 to obtain their books from the Daytona campus bookstore during the posted book voucher period.
- Books must be returned to the bookstore by the end of each semester in order to continue enrollment.
- Students who fail to return books will be dropped from future course enrollments.
Test Score Requirements:
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Daytona State College for reading, writing and math to eligible to enroll. Any combination of eligible scores will be accepted Ex: PERT Math score with SAT Reading/Writing.
- PERT Study Information
- Dual Enrollment State of Florida Equivalency Guide
- Dual Enrollment - Course Drop/Withdrawal Form
- Comparison of Florida's Articulated Acceleration Programs (compares dual enrollment, AP, IB, and AICE)
- Dual Enrollment Statement of Transfer Guarantee
- Department of Education - Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Bright Futures - For information on qualifying for Bright Futures Scholarship for home school students
- FloridaShines.org - On Florida Shines you will find information on requirements to earn a standard high school diploma, information about courses that are valid to count towards high school requirements and college credits, and information on requirements for getting into college.
- Daytona State College Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Program Guides
- Course Information/Descriptions
- Course Search/Availability
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any Dual Enrollment questions you may have. Please include your name, student ID number and any information associated with your question.
Students admitted in Fall 2020 under the Emergency Order Additional Eligibility Criteria:
- If ENC1101 was taken and passed with a C or better in the Fall - you do not need to take reading/writing PERT - you may continue to ENC1102.
- If a DSC Math course was taken and passed with a C or better in the Fall, you do not need to take the Math PERT to continue to other Math courses.
- If you took classes other than Math & English, you will need to PERT to place into Math & English for Spring, but may continue taking courses that do not have Math/English pre or co-requisites without testing.*This is only valid for students admitted in Fall 2020.
- If you met the Emergency Order criteria in the Fall but opted not to take Math and/or English you will need to take the PERT and earn qualifying scores in order to take Math or English courses.
- If you met the Emergency Order criteria in Fall 2020, but did not successfully complete your courses with a C or better, you will need to take the PERT to continue dual enrollment.
Example 1: Students currently enrolled in only SLS1122 and wants to take ENC1101 in the Spring.
- Reading and Writing PERT required.
Example 2: Students currently enrolled in ENC1101 and SLS1122 and wants to take MAT1033 in the Spring.
- Math PERT required, no Reading/Writing necessary.
Example 3: Students currently enrolled in ENC 1101 and wants to take ENC1102 in the Spring
- No PERT required, eligible to take ENC1102.
Example 4: Students currently enrolled in only SLS1122 and wants to take PSY1012 in the Spring.
- No PERT needed, PSY1012 does not require ENC1101
Example 5: Student met the Math placement under the Emergency Order but didn’t take or didn't pass Math in the Fall.
- Math PERT required for Spring math enrollment.
Example 6: Student took a course/courses in Fall 2020 and earned a D, F, W, or W1
- Student will need to take the PERT and earn qualifying scores to continue with dual enrollment.