Home Education and Florida Virtual School (FLVS) students registered with Volusia or Flagler County Home Education programs are eligible to participate in the Daytona State College Dual Enrollment program. We encourage students to consult with their parents/legal guardians to determine eligibility for the challenge of college level coursework.
Deadline for Summer enrollment: April 29
New Home Education students will need to complete and submit the following documents to the Admissions office:
- Complete an Online Admissions Application
- Select Dual Enroll from Home School as the Academic Plan.
- Completed Home School Articulation Agreement
- Completed Home Education Verification
- Documentation from the school district verifying that the student is a registered home education student
Returning Students will need to submit a new, signed dual enrollment form each semester:
- Dual Enrollment Form
- Completed forms can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- *All emails must be sent from the student's DSC FalconMail account.
Registered home education dual enrolled students will receive an email to their Falconmail account to obtain their books from the Daytona campus bookstore during the posted book voucher period for each semester.
*Summer book vouchers will be emailed to student FalconMail accounts on May 6, 2020.
Books must be returned to the bookstore by the end of each semester in order to continue enrollment.
Test Score Requirements:
All students are required to submit and have college-ready test scores on file at Daytona State College for reading, writing and math to eligible to enroll. Any combination of eligible scores will be accepted Ex: PERT Math score with SAT Reading/Writing.
- PERT Study Information
- Dual Enrollment State of Florida Equivalency Guide
- Dual Enrollment - Course Drop/Withdrawal Form
- Comparison of Florida's Articulated Acceleration Programs (compares dual enrollment, AP, IB, and AICE)
- Dual Enrollment Statement of Transfer Guarantee
- Department of Education - Dual Enrollment Frequently Asked Questions
- Bright Futures - For information on qualifying for Bright Futures Scholarship for home school students
- FloridaShines.org - On Florida Shines you will find information on requirements to earn a standard high school diploma, information about courses that are valid to count towards high school requirements and college credits, and information on requirements for getting into college.
- Daytona State College Catalog
- Academic Calendar
- Academic Program Guides
- Course Information/Descriptions
- Course Search/Availability
Email email@example.com with any Dual Enrollment questions you may have. Please include your name, student ID number and any information associated with your question.