Bachelor Secondary Mathematics Education
Your Path to Success
The B.S in Secondary Mathematics Education will prepare you to teach mathematics in grades 6-12 (middle and high school). Graduates meet mandated state teaching requirements, including teacher certification exams.
This degree program includes courses in teaching students with exceptionalities, reading competency, classroom management, assessment and integrated approaches to teaching methodologies at the middle and high school levels.
- Demonstrate proficiency of the College-Level Academic Skills
- Conferred Associate of Arts degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 in all higher education classes
- Completion of the Volunteer Clearance application
- Grade of "C" or better in the following prerequisite classes: EDF1005, EEX2010, MAC2311C, MAC2312C, and MACXXXX, or MTGXXXX, or MASXXXX
- Proof of passing scores for at least two of four subtests of the General Knowledge Test (GKT)