- Minimum GPA of 2.0 (team requirement during competition may be higher)
- Current full-time student
- Unofficial transcript may be requested
- Male athletes who can run a 5k under 18 minutes or mile under 4:55, or 2 mile under 10:30
- Female athletes who can run a 5k under 23 minutes or mile under 5:45 or 2 mile under 12:00
- OR have experience in soccer, track middle distance (800 meters) or road racing
OTHER KEY POINTS:
- Running distance in NJCAA is 5,000 meters for women and 8,000 meters for men.
- 5,000 meters = 3.1 miles = 5k
- 8,000 meters = 4.9 miles = 8k
- Travel to meets is required for those designated by the coach.
- Practices range from 2-3 hours; teams meet 5 days or more per week.
- Team members will run, strength train, cross train and more to prepare for NJCAA competition.
- Team members will be subject to NJCAA and Daytona State College eligibility rules and regulations.
Cross Country takes off at Daytona State!
Daytona State College named Judy Wilson as the head coach of the cross country program. She officially took over the reins of the program on November 6, 2017. The signing date for the inaugural cross country class began November 1, 2017, and the Falcons will commence their first season in August, 2018.
Judy Wilson brings over twenty years of experience as a collegiate player and coach to the Falcons. She's previously served as an assistant coach at the University of South Florida, and University of Connecticut. Judy also served as the head coach of women's track and field and men's and women's cross country teams at DePauw University and also the Indiana University from 1998 – 2007. While at the Indiana University as the head coach she was a part of three Big Ten Track Conference Championship teams
Cross Country Coach: Judy Wilson
Championship & Scholarship
Daytona State's NJCAA Division I varsity athletic program is proud to include:
- Men's and Women's Basketball
- Men's Baseball
- Women's Golf
- Men's and Women's Soccer
- Women's Softball
- Women's Volleyball
We offer an all-around sports complex, including the L. Gale Lemerand Health, Wellness
and Community Education Center, indoor pool, two top-notch playing fields, soccer
stadium and field house.
Daytona State Falcon athletics carry a winning tradition in both competition and academics. Our teams consistently earn state and national recognition for their academic achievement.
Over 90% of our student-athlete graduates transfer to a university with athletic scholarships.