***URGENT - until further notice, all testers are required to wear a mask or face covering when entering the building and the testing office. Daytona State College is also observing social distancing, the floor will be marked in front of the testing office for your safety. If you have any questions please, contact Daytona State College Assessment Services (Testing Office) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 386-506-3067. Thank you.***
CLEP and BYU Language testers can now make an appointment for testing on our Daytona Beach, Deland, Flagler/Palm Coast and New Smyrna Beach Campuses. Please click here to make an appointment to take a CLEP or BYU Language test on the -
CLEP is a national credit-by-examination program, helping students earn their college degrees faster by getting credit for what they already know. Click here for a list of courses that can be used at Daytona State College.
- No letter grade (A, B, C) is given for credit earned through the CLEP program.
- The maximum number of credits that can be earned through the combined total of AP, IB, CLEP, and APLE is 75% of your degree or certificate program. (45 credits for an AA degree).
- CLEP requires a six (6) month waiting period for retakes of failed or stopped tests.
- There is NO refund for a failed or stopped test.
- Credit by examination may not duplicate ordinary credit, dual enrollment credit or other credits earned through examination.
- CLEP official score reports will be sent to the Records Department at the college/university you select. Assessment Services does not keep copies of CLEP score reports.
- $89.00 Payable online to CLEP before your scheduled appointment.
- $30.00 Payable to Daytona State College prior to sitting for an exam.
CLEP exam payments must be made by test-takers online through the http://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam. In My Account, upon completing the registration process each test-taker will print a Registration Ticket that they must present at the test center as proof of payment. The ticket will include a Ticket ID (used with iBT) and a Voucher ID (used with eCBT) to be used for check-in at the test center. Candidates must present a valid, government issued, photo ID prior to testing.
CLEP Exams can be taken on the Daytona Beach, Flagler/Palm Coast, Deland and New Smyrna Beach campuses. Testing dates and times vary at each campus:
|Daytona Beach Campus||386-506-3067|
|Flagler/Palm Coast Campus||386-246-4844|
|New Smyrna Beach Campus||386-423-6328|
For more information regarding the CLEP testing program and CLEP study guides you can contact CLEP directly at http://www.collegeboard.com/student/testing/clep/about.html
Please note: If you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university, you should contact that institution to confirm that CLEP credits will transfer.
CLEP practice questions: CLEP Practice Prep
For more information, contact CLEP Services at 1-800-257-9558 or email@example.com .
Assessment Services is responsible for monitoring test sessions. DSC does not tolerate cheating nor disruptive behavior. If an examinee is suspected of cheating, testing will be stopped and the examinee will be asked to leave the area. The test may be voided. The incident will be reported to college officials and disciplinary action may be taken.