Animal Control Officer Certification Course
New Course Dates!
Visit the Florida Animal Control Association training page for employment and certification information.
This course is for those individuals who are seeking training to gain employment or who are currently employed with a county, municipal or government animal control enforcement agency. Animal Control course graduates will be eligible to be employed in a capacity to take enforcement action under the jurisdictional agency to write citations and make civil or criminal complaints about animal cruelty, law or regulatory violations.
Topics covered in the 40 hour course:
• Introduction to Animal Control
• Civil Citations
• State Laws /Legal Authority
• Communications & Interpersonal Relations
• Report writing and records
• Canine identification and behavior
• Dog and cat capture and restraint
• Search and seizure
• Courtroom presentations and procedures
• First aid
• Cruelty investigations
• Zoonosis and occupational illnesses/injuries
• Restraint and handling of wild and exotic animals
• Developing a positive public image
• State F.A.C.A. License Exam