Florida Law Enforcement Recruit Training
To be a law enforcement officer in the State of Florida, you first must complete a Florida Department of Law Enforcement (FDLE) academy, presented by one of the Regional Training Centers in Florida. The School of Emergency Services is an FDLE Certified Training Center.
During the academy, you will learn everything that you need to know to get you started in a career as a law enforcement officer. After successfully completing the academy, students take the State Officer Certification Examination (SOCE). Passing the state examination qualifies the individual for employment as a law enforcement officer anywhere in the State of Florida.
For more information, please contact Beth Doyle
Phone: (386) 506-4202
Click here for the FDLE Officer Minimum Qualifications
At Daytona State College, the School of Emergency Services offers six law enforcement academies each year. There are five daytime full-time academies and one nighttime part-time academy offered each year. The daytime academy schedule is Monday through Friday 8-5 PM. Students in the daytime academy will have two classes at night, which are held at the driving track and at the firearms range. The daytime academies start in January, March, May, August, and October, and last approximately six months each.
The nighttime academy starts in March and lasts approximately nine months. The schedule is Monday through Thursday 6-10 PM and Saturday 8-5 PM.
Visit the links below to find out about employment opportunities:
- Bunnell Police Department
- Daytona Beach Police Department
- Daytona Beach Shores Department of Public Safety
- DeLand Police Department
- Edgewater Police Department
- Flagler County Sheriff's Office
- Flagler Beach Police Department
- Florida Highway Patrol
- Holly Hill Police Department
- Lake Helen Police Department
- New Smyrna Beach Police Department
- Orange City Police Department
- Ormond Beach Police Department
- Ponce Inlet Police Department
- Port Orange Police Department
- South Daytona Police Department
- Volusia County Sheriff's Office