The Planning Council Subcommittees provide the framework of accountability for the College’s planning, assessment and evaluation processes.
- Provide support and guidance for developing and implementing the Strategic Plan, an institutional scorecard, institutional outcomes (both academic and operational), and program/unit assessments and reviews.
- Ensure that program and unit activities link to the institutional mission, strategic plan and/or outcomes.
- Provide a forum for institution-wide discussion of assessment findings.
- Make recommendations for resource allocations to support improvement initiatives.
- Provide assessment and evaluation reports to the Planning Council and Senior Executive Staff
- Ensure that achievements, results and use of results are documented and communicated.
- Provide a mechanism for assessing the effectiveness of the IE process, system and resources.
- Serve as an opportunity for employee leadership, participation and involvement.
Planning Council Recommendations
The Planning Council will prioritize subcommittee recommendations and prepare a master list of ranked priorities with estimated budget impact. The rankings will be forwarded to the Senior Executive Staff for approval. Once funding levels are known from the state and enrollment projections are developed, typically in June, the available resources will be applied to the priorities recommended by the Council and approved by the Senior Executive Staff as far down the list as the dollars will stretch. Priorities that were ranked but not funded will continue to be considered as the College seeks grants, contracts, and private funding. If funding is not located for these priorities, the priorities can be brought forward the next year for consideration.
At the conclusion of each year, the Council will evaluate the planning process. Any suggestions for improvements or modifications to the structure or the process will be reviewed by the Chair and the Senior Executive Staff for implementation in the coming year. The Council will review end-of-year assessments provided by each planning unit. The Institutional Effectiveness Department will compile a report that includes outcomes, levels of achievement and use of results along with an update on the College’s Core Performance Indicators. Based on this analysis, the Council may recommend to the Senior Executive Staff areas requiring follow-up or corrective action in the coming year. If these recommendations are accepted, the vice president works with the appropriate unit managers to ensure that it is addressed in their plans.