My Daytona State

Music Production Frequently Asked Questions


Q:  Do I have to be a musician to be in the program?
A:  No you do not, however you need to take two applied music courses and four ensembles


Q:  What is the difference between the Certificate and the AS tracks?
A:  The Certificate requires the same program specific courses as the AS, minus the general education classes


Q:  Do I get financial aid for the certificate program?
A:  No


Q:  How many applied classes do I have to take?
A:  Two, and they may include: individual lessons, applied piano, etc


Q:  How many ensembles do I have to take?
A:  Four, and they may include:  Symphonic Band, Choral, Contemporary ensemble, Jazz, Guitar, and Percussion ensembles. 


Q:  Do I have to take group piano?
A:  No, any applied instrument class will work.


Q:  Where are the classes located?
A:  All program specific classes are at the News-Journal Center. 


Q:  Is the program transferable?
A:  Yes, Daytona State is SACS accredited, this program will transfer to any school that offers a similar program.


Q:  What about financial aid?
A:  Additional information about getting started at Daytona State, including financial aid, registration, and advising are located here:


Q:  What do I do if I still have questions?
A:  Feel free to contact one of the instructors, or arrange for a visit through the Office of Admissions/Recruitment. 

Last Updated: 1/7/13