Current Paramedic Class Status as of August 29, 2017
Spring 2018 Fire C-Shift Paramedic Class - Capacity 20: CLASS IS FULL (we will take applications for wait list, see link on home page)
IMPORTANT:All students applying for Paramedic programs MUST HAVE SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETED AN EMT COURSE AND BE ELIGIBLE TO TAKE THE NREMT EXAM prior to applying for the Paramedic course. Proof of your course completion is required with your application. Applicants without their EMT certification must obtain it by the end of the first semester of the Paramedic program!
The application process for Paramedic consists of four (4) parts.
1) ***First, applicants must have successfully passed an EMT course in the state of
Florida prior to applying for Paramedic. This information must be provided to the
EMS Office before the application part 1 will be accepted.
2) Application Part I: Completion of Part I will grant students "Conditional Acceptance" into the EMT or Paramedic program. In the event that classes are already full, applicants will have a choice to be placed on a waiting list, or hold Part I of their application until the next available semester (new classes begin each semester). This packet must be 100% complete before submission.
2) Application Part II: This portion of the application consists of the fingerprints, drug screen, immunization records and physical exam. Those given a “Conditional Acceptance” will be given Part II of the application on the date provided in the conditional acceptance letter. Clinical sites require that all background and medical exams are no older than three (3) months old prior to registration. If the applicant’s Part II requirements are acceptable for admission, a letter and registration form will be mailed.
3) Clinical Packet: Legal clinical documents required to participate in the clinical experience. This packet will be given to students in the beginning of the semester.
IMPORTANT: Acceptance documents will come through the mail. We are not responsible if you do not receive an acceptance letter because of an incorrect mailing address. Please notify the EMS Department if you move to a different address.
All applicants for Paramedic classes must:
- Possess a valid Florida EMT Certification in good standing or completion of an EMT course prior to applying for the Paramedic program.
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age by the first day of classes.
- Have a high school diploma or GED® prior to the first day of classes (Dual Enrollment is not available for any EMS program)
- Submit to fingerprints and have a clean nationwide background check (Must be received in the EMS Office prior to the first day of class.)
- Submit to a 10 panel drug screening test and be free of all illegal substances (Must be received in the EMS Office prior to the first day of class.)
- Meet all other requirements as written in the EMS Application Packet
- Advanced Placement is NOT available for Paramedic classes