APPLY NOW! (386) 506-3059  My Daytona State

Transfer Course Evaluation

Looking for information about requesting Official Daytona State College Transcripts? 


Are you Transferring to DSC from another institution?

If you have attended another college or university, you are considered a Transfer Student.

Things you need to know:

  • Request final (all grades posted), official copies of all transcripts of previously attended colleges.
  • Transcripts should be requested (6) weeks prior to prevent registration and financial aid holds.
  • The records office will evaluate and post credits to your DSC record. 
  •  All lower level (developmental, freshman, and sophomore) transfer credit courses will be evaluated and posted to your Daytona State College record.
  • Once transfer credits have been posted to the DSC transcript, they will not be removed.
  • Grades received at prior colleges will be included in the cumulative grade point average, except for developmental courses.
  • Students who have earned accelerated learning credits (Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate, College Level Examination Program) and want to earn possible credit, must have the Official transcript/score report sent to the Records office for evaluation.
  • The college will include on the Daytona State College transcript all courses and grades that were attempted at a prior college, except for the following: 1)  The College will not transfer grades of “F” and “W” onto the Daytona State College transcript. The college will continue to require the receipt of all prior college transcripts, even if no credits are to be awarded in transfer. For more information refer to the Academic Second Chance Policy.2) Courses that were taken at an upper (junior, senior etc.) level for which there is no comparable Daytona State College course. 3) Vocational courses (unless student request)
  • Completed transfer evaluations can be viewed at MY ACADEMICS-Records-View Transfer Credit Report.
  • Please allow up to (3) weeks for your evaluation to be completed.

What if I disagree with how a course was evaluated?

If you feel that a course has not been evaluated correctly, you may challenge the evaluation of the course by providing a course syllabus or more in-depth course materials to the appropriate department chairperson for their review and recommendation. The department chairperson will determine if the course is applicable to the program/degree and advise the Records Department in writing regarding the course credit.

Transfer Credits from Non-Regionally Accredited Institutions:

What is a non-regional accreditation?

A non-regionally accredited institution is not accredited by any of the accrediting agencies below:

*New England Association of Schools and Colleges, Commission on Institutions of Higher Learning.

*Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools, Commission on Higher Education.

*North Central Association of Colleges and Schools

*Northwest Association of Schools and Colleges

*Southern Association of Colleges and Schools, Commission on Colleges.

*Western Association of Schools and Colleges, Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Accrediting Commission for Junior College.

 How are these credits evaluated?

Credits from non-regionally accredited institutions are evaluated on a course-by-course basis by departmental review. Supporting documentation (course syllabi) is required to validate the transfer of courses to insure they are academically equivalent to courses offered at Daytona State College, including equivalency of faculty credentials (do they have 18 graduate hours in the field that they are teaching). Students must submit official transcripts to the Admissions Office and the documentation for credit evaluation to the Records Office. Contact the Records Office for further information.

 Transfer of International credits:

  • Request an official college transcript. An official transcript is one that is mailed directly from the issuing institution to the Daytona State College Admissions Office or hand carried in a sealed envelope.                       
  • Obtain official course-by-course evaluation of educational credentials prepared by one of the recognized National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES). Please refer to the NACES LIST pdf NACES list or contact NACES at or (An official evaluation is one that is mailed directly from the evaluation service to the DSC Admissions Office.           
  • Provide translated course descriptions or detailed course outlines for all courses/subjects completed at your foreign institution during the time of your attendance that may apply to your program of study at Daytona State College. Please provide the translated course descriptions/outlines to the Records Office. 

Transfer of Military credits:

  • Request an official military transcript through ACE (American Council on Education) to be sent to Daytona State College.
  • ACE will itemize military course completions and experience on their official transcripts and will send to the DSC Admissions Office upon request.

The following web page is the main page for ordering military transcripts through ACE:


 Are you transferring to Daytona State College to earn your High School Diploma?

  • Visit the Admissions office at the campus nearest you to enroll in our Adult Education Program.
  • Request an official transcript from the last High School you attended.
  • Allow (3) weeks for the evaluation to be processed.

For more information visit Adult Education

Daytona State College Facebook Daytona State College Twitter Daytona State College Youtube Daytona State College Linkedin Daytona State College Instagram

Daytona State College 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach, Florida 32114 (386) 506-3000

Daytona State College is an equal opportunity institution.

If you are having any difficulty accessing our website, please contact the help desk at (386) 506-3950 or

Last updated: 2017-10-12T18:49:34.587Z