The following steps will assist you prior to submitting your Application for Graduation.
1.) Please refer to Important Dates For Graduation as you must apply within the deadline of each term.
Please meet with an Academic Advisor prior to submitting your graduation application if you have any questions.
3.) Applying For College Graduation:
- Log in to MyDaytonaState , Select My Academics , Select Graduation , Click on Apply For Graduation. For more detailed step-by-step directions, see How-to guide.
- If you are paying your grad fee with a check or cash (or over the phone), you will need to submit the payment to the Office of Students Accounts first. Then, you must submit an Online Graduation Application before the deadline ends for that semester so that it can be reviewed and processed. Students who miss the application deadline must apply in the next upcoming semester.
- The Graduation Application will be sent electronically to the Dept. Chair, and once approved, the student will receive an email and a Status update on their MyDaytonaState portal (to view graduation status, select My Academics , Select Graduation , Click on Graduation Status).
- The Graduation statuses that students will see:
- Applied- When a student applies for graduation but it has not been sent to the Dept. Chair yet
- Program In Review- The application has been sent to the Dept. Chair, but it has not been approved yet
- Needs to Finish Pending Work- The Dept. Chair has approved the graduation application, but the term has not ended
- The graduation status will remain, "Needs to Finish Pending Work" until degree is conferred at the end of the term, even if the student already finished all requirements before the end of the term.
- Denied- The Dept. Chair denied the student for graduation. All contacts regarding the denial must be sent to the Department.
- Degree Awarded- At the end of the term, pending applications are changed to awarded and the degree is posted on the transcript.
- FL Board 6A-10.040 exempts students who pass the state licensure from having to meet the TABE exit scores.
- Programs that fall under exit requirement exceptions for State licensure, graduation will be approved at the end of the term that the student submits a copy of their State licensure.
Students who do not meet graduation requirements (or who did not turn in transfer work before the end of the term) must reapply for graduation next semester. No additional fee is required when reapplying for same degree.
4.) Fees For Graduation*
- Certificate- $10, additional are free
- Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, and Associate of Applied Science- $20, additional are free
- Baccalaureate- $20, additional are free
*If you are having a financial hardship that prevents you from being able to pay the graduation fee and/or purchasing the cap and gown for the commencement ceremony, please download and print the application to apply for a waiver:
- APPLY FOR FEE WAIVER - Please fax to 386-506-4489 or bring to Bldg 100, 208 Records Dept. Daytona Campus
- APPLY FOR CAP AND GOWN RENTAL - Please fax to Student Activities at 386-506-3155 or bring to Bldg 130, room 113 Daytona Campus.
5.) Diplomas mailed to graduates:
- Diplomas are mailed to graduates 3-4 weeks after the end of their graduating term (see Academic Calendar for published date or view this info on our webpage Important Dates/Deadlines). If you have moved, please update your mailing address and phone number prior to the end of the graduating term through your MyDaytonaState student portal (see How-to guide).
6.) Commencement Ceremony:
- Fall Graduates and current Spring and Summer Graduation Applicants are invited to attend the graduation ceremony that is held in May. See Graduation Ceremony Information for further details.
Need a Duplicate Copy of your Diploma?
College Alumni or Adult High School requests for Duplicate Diploma:
- Print and mail Duplicate Diploma Request Form to Records, Bldg 100/Room 208
- There is a $10 fee per duplicate diploma request. All holds, past due balances, must be satisfied before processing.
- Please allow 3-4 business days for your request to be processed.
Requesting a GED® Duplicate Diploma
If DSC was your test site for your GED®, all copies of GED® diplomas and GED® transcripts are housed at the GED® Testing Office , Florida Department of Education. Please order through the Florida Department of Education https://ged.fldoe.org/default.asp
- Please note: Students who do not have access to the internet can call (888) 906-4031 Monday through Friday from 8AM - 5PM MST to receive phone support to order duplicate transcripts and GED® diplomas. GED® Credentialing does charge a $15.00 fee for each diploma and/or transcript.