Directory information can be released to the public without the student’s consent following specific request procedures. Directory information will not be released if the student had requested in writing to keep their information confidential. At any time the student can complete a form in the Records Office to mark their records as confidential.
The Daytona State College directory information includes:
- Student name and city of residence
- Student college-sponsored email address
- Enrollment status
- Major and fields of study
- Participation in college recognized activities and athletics
- Dates of attendance
- Degrees and awards received
- Most recent educational institution attended
- Photograph and height/weight of athletic team members
The college reserves the right to provide additional information, such as street address and telephone number, where there is a signed articulation agreement with another postsecondary institution for purposes of recruiting students, and in cases that are superseded by the Solomon Amendment giving military recruiters access to student recruiting information. Any other information is considered to be personally identifiable information and cannot be released to a third party, including parents, without the student’s written consent.
The procedure to request Daytona State College directory information is indicated below. Directory information requests are not recorded in individual student records.
- The college participates with the National Student Clearinghouse to provide electronic requests for confirmation of individual academic degrees, academic awards/honors, dates of attendance by employers and colleges, and confirmation of enrollment status. The website is Degreeverify.com; email is firstname.lastname@example.org; phone is 703-742-4200; and the fax is 703-742-4239.
- Requests for additional information or for other purposes must be made in writing on the letterhead of the company, agency or school requesting the information.
- If the request is being made by an individual, it must indicate the name, address and phone number of the requestor and the reason for the request.
- Requests for the entire student directory, requests from any military sources under the Solomon Amendment, or requests for a “class” of students, such as all students in any one major, should be directed to the Records Office.