Reopening Our Campuses
Following guidance from federal, state and local officials, we’ve planned a careful
phased-in approach for reopening our campuses and offering our students the classes
they need to reach their academic goals. We aim to (1) provide a safe and healthy
learning and working environment for everyone at DSC, while (2) accommodating our
students who would prefer or need face to face instruction and those who prefer to
The plan is comprehensive and meets or exceeds CDC guidelines and prioritizes the health and safety of our students, employees and community. The combination of social distancing, wearing masks, frequent hand washing and sanitizing, and making smart decisions will keep our College a safe and productive environment.
We understand the past several months have been challenging, however, we also know the importance of staying connected and supporting each other as we move forward together. Go Falcons!
Fall 2020 Class Schedule
Students will be able to choose a mix of online and on-campus hybrid options. Our goal is to accommodate students who need face to face (f2f) interaction and also those who prefer to stay online.
- We will continue to offer our workforce training programs via in-person labs in a safe environment.
- Our traditional lecture classes will be converted to either hybrid or online.
- Hybrid means some portion of the course is taught online and some portion is face to face (f2f).
- Any f2f parts will be taught in large classrooms that allow for six (6) feet of distance between all students and faculty.
- Holding f2f classes in larger areas such as lecture halls and event spaces, while limiting the number of students in those courses, provides a low student density environment.
- These measures and protocols are in place so that we can meet the needs for students to have a classroom experience in the safest possible manner.
- We will continue to monitor this ever-changing situation and will provide updates as needed.
If you need assistance with anything or have additional questions, we are here to help. Enrollment Specialists are available via:
- Live chat
- Skype meeting
- On-campus (by appointment only)
Call (386) 506-3136 to speak to someone or schedule an in-person appointment.
Fall 2020 Timeline
- Registration for Fall Classes: Open Now
- First Day of Class: August 24
- Labor Day Holiday: September 7
- Homecoming: October 9 – 10
- Fall B Term Begins: October 19
- Advising Week for Spring 2021 Registration: October 19 – 23
- Thanksgiving Holidays: November 25 – 27
- Fall Classes End: December 16
Keeping Your Health & Safety First!
The reopening plan is a tremendous effort to stay true to our educational mission
while ensuring a safe environment for everyone who steps back onto a DSC campus. Our
new enhanced safety protocols include classrooms and labs as well as offices and workspaces,
and meet or exceed CDC safety guidelines.
Face Masks/Coverings: All students, employees and campus visitors are required to wear a face covering while inside buildings and in outdoor settings where social distancing cannot be maintained. This includes visitors and vendors/contractors who enter any of our buildings, offices and classrooms.
Signage: Safety and informational signage have been placed throughout the buildings and will continue to be posted as needed to maintain social distancing.
Appointments: All business with the College can be conducted by phone, email, or live chat, but in-person appointments can also be scheduled, including campus tours. Numbers of appointments are limited to maintain social distancing – click here for a listing of departments’ phone numbers.
Cleaning and Sanitizing: Additional cleaning and sanitization efforts on our campuses have been greatly expanded. The College has installed hand sanitizing stations for all our buildings on all campuses, located in high-traffic areas and common spaces. We also continue to recommend consistent hand washing per CDC hygiene guidelines.