One of the best things about college is learning how to see the world from different perspectives. Linked Classes - separate courses joined by a theme - are an excellent way for you to do just that. In a linked class, you will work closely with other students and faculty to discover relationships between different subjects. Also, you will experience the excitement and challenge of active learning as you work together to solve problems and think critically.
What are the benefits of linked classes?
- Students understand how subjects and issues are interrelated and cross subject matter boundaries.
- Learning Communities provide an academic cooperative for students who attend commuter schools.
- Students become active and responsible participants in their own education. High-level critical thinking is encouraged.
- Students and faculty find intellectual interaction and connection with each other.
- The exposure to diverse populations and the opportunities to explore and understand diverse perspectives are great.
For more information about all Daytona State Linked Classes, please contact the Chairperson - Casey Blanton, (386) 506-3802.