Keynote Presentation from 2020 Academic Excellence Symposium
Registration is open for the 12th Annual Academic Excellence Symposium!
The Twelfth Annual Academic Excellence Symposium will be held on Friday February 28, 2020 at the L. Gale Lemerand Student Center on Daytona State College's Daytona Beach Campus.
This year’s theme is:
Finding Our Fire: Igniting Our Passion to Teach.
Join us for a day of conversations centered around our LOVE for teaching our disciplines and leveraging our passion to create engaging and effective experiences for students.
Focus Areas Include:
• Step Inside My Classroom: Presenters will share a favorite lesson in their disciplines and demonstrate successful active learning techniques.
• Ways We Keep Teaching Fresh: Presenters will share how they have redesigned courses to reenergize content and increase engagement with learners.
• Reach Out & Engage: Presenters will describe the "tricks" they use to foster student engagement in the classroom, on campus, and throughout the community.
• Come One, Come All: Presenters will reveal the ways they leverage the strengths of various learners, accommodate differences in students' context for learning, and welcome underserved student populations.
• Technology Hacks: Presenters will demonstrate how clickers, cell phones, use of web-based applications, and program-specific technologies engage students and enhance learning.
Registration is free, though space is limited.
For more information contact John Brady, John.Brady@DaytonaState.edu.