Please join the Professional Council members in our continuous efforts to support the military. In August 2011 the council made a commitment to assist members who have family currently serving in the military. We have extended this mission to include all Daytona State College employees. These men and women risk their lives to serve our country and this is our way to say thank you. Please help with a donation of any of the items listed below. Click here for additional items.
We also encourage any monetary contributions to pay for shipping costs. Please make check payable to DSC Professional Council and forward to Jennifer Hart, PC Treasurer, Wetherell Center (B.100) Room 310. For more information please contact Mrs. Wilmore at ext. 3691.
Read more about the recipients!
Mission #1 Summary & Success!
Mission #1 : We shipped each recipients 10 boxes each to share with their squad/troops in both Iraq and Kuwait. Kenneth and Cassandra Wilmore’s daughter Kathryn and Isabelle Perez’s nephew Rudy. Total of 20 boxes shipped out 11/1/11 for them to receive for Thanksgiving.
We received enough donated items to fill up 30 boxes!
Mission #2 began January 3, 2012 and we will be collecting items through February 29, 2012. The packaging party is scheduled for Thursday, March 1, 2012 @ 8:30 a.m. - 10:30 a.m. on the Daytona Beach Campus, Lenholt Student Center (B.130) Faculty Dining Room.
Recipients for this mission:
Mary Rhodes’ son Jack and Steven Eckman’s son Luke (not shown for security purposes)
- Body wash
- Gel Insoles
- Foot Cream for athletes’ feet
- Lotion (coco butter)
- Sunblock (a lot)
- Calling Cards (a lot)
- Hand sanitizer
- Sports Illustrated magazines
- Eye drops
- Shampoo & Conditioner (Pantene)
- Luffa (body scrubs)
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Soap Bar (dove)
- Mp3 players* if possible…
- Slim Jims
- Bakes goods (cookies, cakes)
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Skittles (candy)
- Swedish fish (candy)
- Rockstars (energy drinks)
- Tuna fish packets
- Dried fruit
- Monster (energy drink)
- Chap Stick X 500
- Drink mix packets (water flavoring packets)
ALL DONATIONS WILL BE SENT TO TROOPS IN AFGHANISTAN AND GERMANY. PLEASE FORWARD ITEMS TO:
- Hector Valley, President – Karl Learning Center (B.210) Room 107B
- Cassandra Wilmore, Vice-President - Wetherell Center (B.100) Room 413L
- Cheryl Kohen, Secretary - Karl Learning Center (B. 210) Room 130
- Jennifer Hart, Treasurer – Wetherell Center (B.100) Room 310
- Becky Nero-Wall – Volunteer, Wetherell Center (B.100) Room 218
- Nancy Homan - Volunteer, Lemerand Center (B.100) Room 103
- Renee Holloman – Volunteer, Education Hall (B.200) Room 109 Helpdesk
- Charlotte Wright – Volunteer, Student Service Center, Deland Campus (B.7) Room 158
- Susan Milewski – Volunteer, Fathi Hall, Deltona Campus Room 115