"A commitment to using the best practices in any field is a commitment to using all the knowledge and technology at one's disposal to ensure success."
- Spring Planning 2018 Presentation (video & slides): Instructional Resources and Online Studies Welcome Back
- Falcon Online Grade Book: Presented by Krissy Leonard, Senior Professor
- Syllabus Template: Provides a downloadable Word document that will serve as a syllabus template. This is the most up-to-date version of the Daytona State College syllabus template that should be used by faculty in developing their courses each semester. It is located in the first column (Resources).
- Rubric for Online Class Delivery: Provides criteria and standards designed to promote student learning in online courses.
- Faculty Innovation Blog: The Faculty Innovation Blog is meant to maintain consistent transparency between
faculty at Daytona State College and distance education staff and resources. Posts
will include Falcon Online updates, tutorials, and tips provided by the Division of
Online Studies, Department of Instructional Resources, and guest bloggers.
Substantive Interaction Guidelines: Provides an overview of substantive interaction, as defined by the Department of Education. The final page includes a checklist for online courses.
- Online Universal Design Information: Provides resources to assist faculty in creating accessible course material.
- iPad Applications for Classroom Use: Helpful list educational of iPad apps, developed by the eMentor iPad/Surface Apps Committee.
- Surface Applications for Classroom Use: Helpful list educational of Microsoft Surface apps, developed by the eMentor iPad/Surface Apps Committee.
- Generating and Facilitating Engaging and Effective Online Discussions: This document acts has a comprehensive guide to creating interactive classroom discussions in the online environment. This guide includes sample activities, strategies for effective dialogue, suggestions for writing discussion questions and designing activities, and best practices for assessment.
- Mastering Online Discussion Board Facilitation: This practical guide serves to provide faculty with online discussion board facilitation tips, content area suggestions, time management strategies, strategies for assessment, and several additional online resources for faculty to explore when building an online course.
- Online Course Design: 13 Strategies for Teaching in a Web-based Distance Learning Environment: 13 Strategies for Teaching in a Web-Based Distance Learning Environment- Developed by the publication Online Classroom, this "for faculty, by faculty" guide in designing an online course offers teaching strategies for the virtual environment based upon other faculty experiences at colleges around the country. Topics discussed include course subdivision, material shelf life, web-based video lectures, the creation of modular courses, and elimination of student frustration.
- Teaching with Technology: Tools and Strategies to Improve Student Learning: Tools and Strategies to Improve Student Learning- Developed by the publication Faculty Focus, this peer developed guide discusses various resources that can be used to increase student engagement within the online environment. Topics discussed include the use of Wikipedia, blogs to improve student learning, the utilization of Prezi in the classroom, social bookmarking, strategies for using screencasting, the integration of social media and smart phones, and effective uses of video in the online classroom environment.
- 8 Lessons Learned from Teaching Online (video): Produced by EDUCAUSE Online, this brief video features faculty from colleges across the country sharing their insights about the field of online teaching.