First, go to the my.daytonastate.edu portal and login.
1) Click on Falcon Self-Service.
2) Click Graduation tile.
3) Select View Graduation Status. Then, view the Status message.
Graduation Status Definitions:
- Applied – Application was submitted, but it has not been sent to the department chair.
- Program In Review – The application has been sent to the department chair for review.
- Needs to Finish Pending Work – The department chair has approved the graduation application, but the semester has not ended. The graduation status will remain, "Needs to Finish Pending Work" until degrees are conferred at the end of the full semester, even if the student already finished all requirements before the end of the full semester.
- Denied – The department chair denied the student for graduation. All contacts regarding the denial should be sent to the department.
- Degree Awarded – The degree is posted on the transcript. Students will receive their diploma 3-4 weeks after the full semester has ended.