First, go to the my.daytonastate.edu portal and login.
1) Click on 'My Academics', select 'Faculty Center' and then 'My Schedule'
from the drop down menu.
2) Click on the 'Grade Roster' small square icon as shown highlighted below left.
After you click the 'class roster' icon you will see your roster.
3) Now you are viewing your roster. Notice the green 'change class' button if you
wish to view another class roster. Make sure the grade roster type is set to 'Final
Check the boxes next to the names of the students you wish to apply a specific grade
then select the dropdown that says 'Add this grade to selected students'.
3) Once you are satisfied with the changes you wish to apply, be sure to change the
'Grade Roster Action'
dropdown to 'Approved' and then click the POST button as highlighted below in yellow.
4) You must POST in order for the grade to be on the student’s record. Saving does
not post the grades.
Approval Status Definitions:
Not Reviewed - select this and click save if you are not finished entering grades but would like
to save any grades that you have entered.
Ready for review – select this and click save if you are not finished entering grades but will not need to make changes.
Approved – Is used to post grades. Once you select Approved the Post button appears at the bottom of the grade roster. Only by posting does the grades become final.
You will see several icons on the icon legend (below) and on your schedule but only
two are available for use,
and they are Class Roster and Grade Roster. We will not be using Gradebook, Assignments,
or Learning Management.
The icons will be left there as removing them would mean a customization to PeopleSoft
and also if we ever
wanted to use the functionality in the future it will be easier to enable.