College Credit Courses
OVERVIEW: Attendance verification for College Credit courses is reported directly in PeopleSoft. All College Credit courses will verify attendance twice per term. The first attendance roster, Roster 1, will be available the day after the add/drop deadline. The second verification, Roster 2, will be available the day after the withdrawal deadline.
On Roster 1, you must mark all students as either Present or Not Present then select the Save button once all attendance has been entered for your class. The day after the deadline, financial aid recipients marked as Not Present will be dropped for non-attendance. Cash paying students will not be dropped on the first roster – only financial aid recipients.
On Roster 2, you must mark all student as either Present or Not Present. If Not Present two week or more prior to the last day to withdrawal, you will be prompted to input the Last Date of attendance. If a last date of attendance is provided on the second roster, the student will be administratively withdrawn, and assigned a grade of W1. ALL students reported as inactive on the second roster will be administratively withdrawn – both cash paying and financial aid recipients.
You will have access to edit your submissions throughout the entire attendance verification window, just make sure to select Save after each update.
STEP BY STEP GUIDE
First, go to my.daytonastate.edu portal and login.
1) Click on Falcon Self-Service.
2) Click Faculty Center tile.
3) Your Attendance Roster will automatically populate from Attendance College Credit. Select Roster 1 or Roster 2 hyperlink, depending on the appropriate time of the semester.
4 a) Roster 1: Select the checkbox for Present or Not Present for each student. Then Save.
4 b) Roster 2: If you select Not Present, a new column will expand that requires you to enter a last date of attendance. Then Save. To be considered Not Present, a student must have been absent/inactive for more than two weeks prior* to the last day to withdraw.
*If the date you entered is not more than two weeks prior to the last day to withdraw, you will receive this error message. These students should be marked as Present.
5) Select Change Class to submit attendance for the next class.
- You can make corrections to your attendance roster until the attendance window closes.
- After the window closes, you can only view the information that was submitted. You will see a message that with window is closed.
- Changes can be made to your attendance roster after the window has closed by emailing Kathryn.Fulco@DaytonaState.edu.