In order to receive the diploma and have the degree posted on the transcript, students who are in their last term to complete a degree or certificate must submit a Graduation Application and gain approval. View Important Dates/Deadlines to view the earliest (and latest) date you can apply for graduation for a specific term.
First, go to the my.daytonastate.edu portal and login.
1) Click on "Falcon Self-Service."
2) Click "Graduation" tile.
3) Select the blue “Apply for Graduation” hyperlink for the degree type you are completing. If your degree contains embedded Certificates, you will need to apply for each individually.
4) Select the term you will complete your final class(es). Then “Continue.”
Please note: Only the semester term(s) in which you are able to apply for graduation will be displayed, therefore if you do not see a specific term you’re needing to apply for, please exit and view Important Dates/Deadlines for Graduation to view the earliest (and latest) date that you can apply for graduation for that specific term.
5) Review disclaimer, then click “Continue.” You must make your payment online, or prepay at the Student Account office, to complete the application.
6) If you secured a job position related to your field, enter your employment position information. If not applicable, click “Continue.”
7) Review your personal information, make edits to your full middle name/initial, email, phone, and/or address if necessary. Then click “Save and Continue.”
8) Click “Please Click Here to Pay Above Fee.” You are required to pay now, or prepay in the Student Accounts Office.
9) Enter the credit card billing information. Then, click “Pay.”
10) Verify the graduation information. Then, click “Submit Application.”
11) Review confirmation message.
Please note: If you did not receive a confirmation message like the one below, please select a different form of payment (or pay the fee directly with the Office of Students Accounts) and then resubmit this graduation application for it to successfully process.