The personnel of the Facilities Planning and Construction Department are concerned with space needs for our students and staff.Current Bids & Proposals
Responsibilities of the Department:
Long Range Planning
- 5-Year Survey of Need
- Master Plans
- PECO Requests
- Assisting in Grant Procurement
- Bond Requests
- Capital Improvement Plans
- Design Team Selection and Coordination
- Preparation of Educational Specifications
- Selection of the Construction Management Firm or Assisting with the Bidding of Projects
- Project Management
- Close-out and Warranty
The Facilities Planning Department serves as the College's Building Department and issues building construction permits and performs its own inspections. Other permits (St. Johns River Water Management District, Florida Fire Codes and when necessary Health Department Permits) are handled by other agencies.
While the Facilities Planning and Construction Departments at some educational entities also handle Security, Transportation, Custodial or Maintenance and repairs, these services at Daytona State College are the responsibility of other departments.