Financial Aid Award Status Codes
- Status Code “A” is an actual award: The funds from the grant, scholarship, or loan have been approved. The funds have been, or will be, applied to your account after your enrollment has been verified for each class each semester. (Please Note: All financial aid awards will be reviewed at the end of the drop period each semester, and the amount will be adjusted to reflect your enrollment status.)
- Status Code “I” is an intended award: You have the option to reduce or decline the award amount. Additional paperwork may be required in order to receive the funds for this award. For example, in order to receive the funds for a Federal Direct Loan, a Direct Loan Acceptance Form must be received by the Financial Aid Services Office. A Federal Direct Loan Master Promissory Note and Direct Loan entrance counseling must also be completed on the web at www.studentloans.gov.
- Status Code “P” is a pending or potential award: Additional paperwork may be required in order to receive the funds for this award. For example, in order to receive the funds for a Foundation Scholarship, an acceptance form must be submitted as well as a thank you letter to the donor.
- Status Code “N” is a nullified award: The award has been canceled or terminated.
- Status Code “R” is a rejected award: The award has been rejected/declined by the student.
Last Updated: 1/17/12