The Federation for Advanced Manufacturing Education (FAME) is a nationally recognized program based on Toyota’s Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT) program. The earn-while-you-learn model provides students the pathway to earn an industry recognized degree while gaining valuable experience at a sponsoring company. In two years, graduates of the program earn an Associate of Science degree, and log approximately 1,800 on-the-job hours at their sponsoring company.
If selected, students participate in the 40-hour per week training program where they
attend college two days a week and work three days a week (at least 24 hours) at their
sponsoring company. To learn more about the National FAME Program, click here.
Why is FAME the right choice for you?
As a student, you will find:
- Career development throughout the program, leading to potential employment at an advanced level
- Enhanced soft skills and professional practices including work attendance, initiative, interpersonal relations, teamwork, communication, and more
- Potentially zero student-loan debt
Business and Employers will find:
- Increased level of skill of the employees in the manufacturing industry
- Opportunities to promote the manufacturing industry within the community
- A ready workforce pipeline of well trained employees
Employers will review and select potential students on the following criteria:
- Be 18 years of age by program start date
- Have a Standard High School Diploma or GED
- Be a US citizen or eligible for work in the US
- Demonstrate academic success as measured through grades and class rank
- Meet placement test score requirements
- Commitment to remaining drug-free
Continued Eligibility Requirements
- Minimum of C or better in all courses throughout the program
- Minimum of “satisfactory” on all work evaluations throughout the program
2021 Cohort Sponsors: