Daytona State College has partnered with Microsoft to bring students a new, more robust FalconMail interface, along with a suite of online services that can help you organize your academic life, receive important messages from faculty, classmates and student services, stay on top of assignments, create and store your most important documents online and much more.
Daytona State College uses a Microsoft-hosted mail system called Live@edu. Live@edu allows you to:
- Create documents using free online versions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and OneNote
- Get 7 GB of password-protected online storage free for all your documents and photos through Microsoft Skydrive
- Share documents for group assignments
- Create and participate in online groups
- Instant Message through Windows Messenger
- Get customized news through the Microsoft Network and more.
In the summer of 2013 we will be upgrading all of our FalconMail accounts from Live@edu to Office 365. We will keep you posted about changes and updates as we discover them.
In order to use FalconMail / Live@edu you will have to login to the Daytona State College student portal and retrieve a temporary password in order to activate your account. Once there, you may create a new password and archive messages from your old FalconMail account.
Find out more about FalconMail by visiting our FAQ page.