- Janet K. Parish
Location: Building 1100, Room 121
- Douglas V. Giacobbe
Associate Professor, Lead Instructor of History, School of Behavioral and Social Sciences
Location: Deland Campus
Issue/Opportunity – The Committee has discussed at length the potential demand for printed texts and printed text related materials. While the intent of E-Text is to become as paperless as possible, the Committee has determined that various print options must be available to serve our students needs.
Topic and Potential Actions – Investigate, review and recommend multiple “print” options of the e-text environment:
- Printed text (current hardback format) via E-Text publisher.
- Printed text (current hardback format) via on-line sources.
- Printed text (current hardback format) via local print shops.
- Printed text (current hardback format) via on-campus printing kiosks.
- Printed text (current hardback format) via personal print devices.
- Printed text (current hardback format) via other print options.
- Printed text issues – frequency, volume, repetitive, duration, etc.
- Printed text issues – costs.
- Other Printing issues.
Necessity for formal RFP, RFI or Bid – The Printing Sub-Committee must determine if it recommends that the College seek formal responses (RFP, RFI, Bid, etc.) from the providers of these devices and/or services.
Implementation Timing and Critical Path - Other Issue/Opportunity that need to be resolved prior to or in conjunction with: Hardware / Devices, E-Reader Platform issues, and other Publisher issues. Status – The Committee has discussed this issue at length and has currently determined that print capabilities are very necessary.
- October 5 Notes from this Meeting
- September 10 Notes from this Meeting
- September 17 Notes from this Meeting
- September 22 Notes from this Meeting
- September 29 Notes from this Meeting
Back to Committees Page