- George W. Hogan
Location: Building 300, Room 125B
- Les Potter
Chair, School of Education
Location: Building 100, Room 226A
Issue/Opportunity – The E-Text Committee is keenly aware that the success of E-Text adoption by the College is greatly dependent upon the success of the deployment of this technology into the teaching/learning activities.
Topic and Potential Actions – Investigate and recommend the appropriate deployment process and provider participants to insure a successful E-Text implementation and continuation. Topics of research may include:
- College deployment for hardware/device
- Vendor deployment for hardware/device
- Student training
- Faculty training
- Connectivity provider deployment for hardware/device
- Connectivity deployment, to student direct or via College
- Deployment of E-Text via LMS
- Deployment of E-Text via web
- Deployment of E-Text via publisher
- Deployment of E-Text via other 3rd party
- Publisher payment issues (payment, refunds, credits)
- Other printed options
- Other deployment issues
Necessity for formal RFP, RFI or Bid – The Deployment Sub-Committee must determine if it recommends that the College seek formal responses (RFP, RFI, Bid, etc.) from the providers of deployment services.
Implementation Timing and Critical Path - Other Issue/Opportunity that need to be resolved prior to or in conjunction with: all of the other sub-committees.
Status - The deployment research has been limited. The College conducted informal meeting with a few companies who deploy technology and are most interested in becoming involved with the E-Text Project.
Back to Committees Page