In addition to spending three hours per week in the classroom, a Writing Fellow's duties include:
- Offering six hours per week of one-on-one tutoring appointments for the class's students in the Writing Center
- Performing a one-hour weekly lab for the class's students
- Helping students with their writing assignments
- Assisting with assignment design (if desired by the professor)
- Serving as a resource for the faculty member and students
Faculty can nominate a student who has successfully completed his or her course OR faculty can ask for a recommendation from the Writing Center.
In addition to completing an 11-hour training and introduction workshop series during the first week of classes, Writing Fellows also receive continuous training, support, and feedback from Writing Center staff. Additionally, the faculty member and the Writing Fellow will participate in a pre-semester workshop together to establish a contract outlining expectations and responsibilities.
If you are interested in participating in the Writing Fellows Program or you would like to nominate a student to work as a writing fellow for your class or another class, check out more information here or contact Jessica Lipsey.